Bright and colourful, Carrot Spaetzle is slightly sweeter and actually goes very well with a curry.
Hiding vegetables in spaetzle is a great way to get kids to get their daily intake.
- Spaetzle Maker
- 200 g Carrots
- 2 tbsp Chopped parsley or Chives
- 250 g Plain Flour
- 3/4 Eggs
- .5 tsp Salt
- pinch Nutmeg
- .5 cup Milk to mix
- Peel the carrots, cut into pieces and mash or puree using a blender
- Mix the carrot puree with the eggs, flour, milk, salt and make into a batter.
- Scrape the spaetzle into a pot of boiling salted water.
- As a vegetarian dish with cheese sauce (heat the cream and melt any kind of cheese cubes in it) and greens.
- It also goes well with herbed curd sauce: In a pan, steam 1 small onion in a little butter until translucent. Add 250 g of cottage cheese and stir in 100 ml of milk. Season with salt, pepper, a little lemon juice and lemon zest to spice it up. Be careful not to overcook it. Stir in a bunch of mixed herbs or finely chop wild herbs and mix with the spaetzle.
Carrot spaetzle goes well as a side dish with white meat, or as it is slightly sweeter, try it with a curry.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!