2 cups plain flour
salt & white pepper to taste
4 tablespoon chopped Garlic Chives
4 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese – the dried variety.
(Do not use any fresh grated cheese in the mixture because as soon as it hits the boiling water – it will disintegrate.)
Any tasty hard dried cheese like Parmesan, Pecorino or Asiago is fine.
- Make spaetzle as per basic recipe:
- In a bowl add flour, salt and pepper.
- Add eggs one by one.
- Use either milk or water to make batter.
- Add chopped chives and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook as usual through a spaetzle maker over boiling water.
- Cook for 2 mins, drain.
- Saute lightly in a little butter or olive oil, serve with Roast Beef or Pork. Perfect with gravy!