2 cups plain flour
1 tsp salt
approx 1 cup water
200 chopped ham or smoked chicken or steamed prawns or cabana
¼ cup diced red capsicum
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 tsp Keens dry mustard
6 green stuffed olives
2 tbsp Kraft French dressing
1 small sweet gherkin
1 tbsp sweet gherkin juice
½ tbsp Maggi seasoning (or half a beef stock cube dissolved in 1tbspn hot water)
6 heaped tablespoons Best Foods Whole Egg Mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, eggs. Stir in sufficient water to make a soft dough and make Spaetzle according to basic recipe.
- Allow Spaetzle to cool a little before adding the salad ingredients.
- Mix mayonnaise, dressing, gherkin juice and Maggi seasoning together. Then fold through spaetzle with diced salad ingredients and the chicken/ham.
- Gently mix all together and let salad stand 1 hour for flavours to combine.
- While some of the above ingredients can be substituted, Whole Egg mayonnaise and Keens Mustard powder are crucial to the final flavour.