Sausage Eintopf (One pot wonder)
500 g potatoes
40 g butter
1 can Sauerkraut
3/4 l broth (instant)
1 bay leaf
8 Thuringia Rostbratwuerstchen or normal Bratwurst or Knackwurst
100 ml heavy cream
1 tbsp mustard
salt, pepper, caraway seeds
1-2 tsp sugar
1 bunch chives
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into cubes.
- Peel and cut the onions into small pieces.
- Heat the butter, saute potatoes and onions for about 10 minutes.
- Add the Sauerkraut, put it into the pan together with the broth and potatoes; let it simmer on low-medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Fry the Sausages in an extra pan in hot butter oil, take them out of the pan and cut them into slanted slices, put them back into the pan and fry them a bit more.
- Mix the cream with the mustard and add to the broth, potato mix: spice with salt, pepper, caraway seeds.
- Add the sausages, cut chives and sprinkle over the casserole.