- Chicken and Mushroom Spaetzle
2 cups flour
Make spaetzle as normal. Put aside.
3 chicken breasts – cubed
1 large onion
250gm sliced button mushrooms
½ finely chopped capsicum
2 cups steamed broccoli (or other steamed vegetables)
2 chicken stock cubes
¼ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
Cracked black pepper
3 tablespoon corn flour dissolved in same amount of water
- In a saucepan, fry finely diced onion in 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add chicken. Fry lightly. Add mushrooms, capsicum, stock cubes, salt & pepper. Cook for 10 minutes with lid on.
- Remove lid, add cream. Blend cornflour with a little water then add cornflour and thicken. Add parmesan cheese. Mix in steamed broccoli and cooked spaetzle. Add chopped parsley.
- Pour into large baking dish. Sprinkle with a little extra cheese and paprika. Brown in oven for 10 mins. Serve with side salad.
- Can be made the day before and heated on the night.